We all have habits, good and bad, and you already know what you should be doing on a regular basis to stay healthy and fit. Habits are most effective, or on the contrary destructive, when they become part of your everyday routine. Replacing not-so-good habits with healthy habits makes for a better body, clear skin and increased productivity. The key to good health and longevity is making your healthy habits a part of your every day routine.
Take a moment to reflect on your self-care routine. The way you take care of yourself is reflected in your physique, complexion and energy levels. If you aren’t properly nourishing your body and getting adequate nutrients, you might find that you struggle with your weight, your skin is washed out or prone to acne and you feel sluggish and depleted. You might also lack the confidence you need to achieve your dreams! In addition to self-care, are you taking the necessary steps to accomplish your goals?
Having an effective self-care routine doesn’t need to be an elaborate process, and it certainly doesn’t require too much time to prioritize. Dedicating a small amount of time and energy to some basic healthy habits can make a world of difference in how satisfied you feel with your life.
For a better body, clear skin and increased productivity, make these five healthy habits a part of your everyday routine:
- Eat three servings of vegetables. Large servings, that is. I consider a hearty serving of vegetables to fill half of your entire plate. That’s right, one and a half platefuls of veggies per day keeps the doctor away! Any and all kinds–eat a good variety.
- Sweat. It doesn’t always have to be high-intensity exercise, but moving your body on a daily basis is the true fountain of youth. For best results, alternate between different kinds of exercise in your regular routine. Remember, you don’t have to go 100% every time, but daily perspiration will keep your body happily detoxified, your skin looking fresh and your energy levels up.
- Go #2. Nobody likes to talk about it, but everyone does it. Constipation is an epidemic in our country and is responsible for a slew of health conditions, including the inability to lose weight. And let’s be honest, it never feels good! If this is something you struggle with, change your diet and incorporate digestive supplements like psyllium seed, magnesium and triphala.
- Drink lemon water. Lemons are power-packed with electrolytes and serve as a natural liver astringent. Adding the juice of one lemon to your water every day will help keep you hydrated, reduce cravings and boost your energy. Lemons aside, shoot for 100 to 120 ounces of water per day for optimal health.
- Check something off your to-do list. Let’s face it, your to-do list never seems to get any shorter! It’s an easy reminder of the never-ending tasks you plan to eventually get around to doing, and it’s even easier to put them off indefinitely. To-do lists can be overwhelming because realistically, you can’t get everything done at one time, which is why it’s easy to put it off. If you can dedicate a small amount of time to accomplishing one thing on your to-do list every day, you will automatically feel more productive. Before you know it your to-do lists will start getting shorter!